Precious Metals have captured our attention for millennia.
Even though today’s global has shifted toward a currency-based model, precious metals remain a significant force in the global economy.
In the face of any political and geopolitical uncertainty, people often turn to the commodities complex, including precious metals.
First, what is a precious metal?
What You Will Find at a Precious Metals Show
Gold and silver, the coinage metals, are the best known precious metals. Their prevalent use in jewelry and art, as well as coinage, has also elevated their reputation. Precious metals also include the platinum group of metals: iridium, osmium, palladium, platinum, rhodium, and ruthenium. Platinum is the most well-known of the group as it is the most widely traded.
What confers a metal its designation as “precious” is its rarity. Demand and market value can also impact the status of a precious metal.
Historically, precious metals were important as currency but are now regarded mainly as investment and industrial commodities.
Why Attend a Precious Metals Show
As commodities prices continue to rise, precious metals are attracting more and more investors. A great way to learn more about precious metals is to attend a Precious Metals Show. Investors can speak directly with industry experts to learn more about projects, industry trends, and insights into how technological advances will impact the metals sector.
These trade and consumer shows convene exhibitors, traders, and producers to inform visitors about investment in precious metals and commodities trading. Customers can sometimes also purchase precious metals directly from the exhibiting dealers.
Many shows will also bring in economists to present industry-focused research and insights into industry trends and opportunities.
What are the Top Precious Metals Shows?
Year after year the precious metal trade fairs attract numerous industry representatives, mining companies and gold, silver and commodities investors and fans from many countries.
- The annual International Precious Metals & Commodities Showin Munich is a two-day exhibition for investments in precious metals and commodities. It has been taking place since 2005. The show is open to the public, and they welcome private investors, as well as institutional investors. The 2018 dates are November 9th and 10th. This show is accessible to a wide range of investors: tickets are 10 Euro per day, and each year they offer complimentary tickets, for which you can register from September.
- The Mines & Money Conferenceis an annual conference dedicated to connecting miners with investors. They partner with the biggest names in the industry to connect miners with money and investors with opportunity to be found in the precious metals mining industry. In 2018, it will be held in New York May 7-9.
- Also in May is the International Gold and Silver Symposium, which will be held in Lima, Peru. This summit is open to individual investors and corporate delegations. This year’s event, May 29-31, 2018, will be the 13th occasion participants from across the globe will come together to learn more about the potential of natural resources like gold and silver in particular. Tickets for this event
- Precious Metals Summitconferences are by-invitation events help in multiple locations annually. Delegates have the opportunity to connect one-on-one and attendees range from senior management of precious metals producers to corporate development executives from senior mining companies. Only qualified investors are invited to attend.
- London-based Sharps Pixley Bullion Brokers provides a comprehensive list of global Gold conferencesand events taking place in the precious metals market, as well as real-time gold prices.
To dive deep and learn more about every aspect of precious metals including their trade and economic standing, you may want to follow the International Precious Metals Institute. This consortium of experts addresses all topics of current interest to the precious metals industry.
In Sum: The Benefits of Attending a Precious Metals Show
Investors highly interested in the opportunities available in the precious metals sector would benefit from not just the information and insights made available at these conferences. They will also meet top industry experts and the actual producers and industry leaders driving this sector forward.